About Sasol Sponsorships
At Sasol we pursue sponsorships that enhance our brand, inspire creativity and innovation, and create unique opportunities to build stakeholder relationships.
We are proud to support selected sporting and artistic initiatives, as well environmental and educational organisations and events.
We currently devote most of our sponsorship investment in South Africa to sport and sponsor several South African national teams, including:
- The South African national women's football team – "Banyana Banyana"
- The Sasol League
- The South African Paralympics team www.sascoc.co.za
- The men's national wheelchair basketball team.
We also sponsor:
- The annual Sasol Rally www.sasolmotorsport.co.za
- The Sasol New Signatures art competition www.sasolsignatures.co.za
- The Black Tie Ensemble and the South African National Youth Orchestra www.sanyo.org.za/events
- The Sasol Solar Challenge www.solarchallenge.org.za
- The Techno X festival of science, engineering and technology www.sasoltechnox.co.za
In addition to these, we support environmental programmes focused on the conservation of wild dogs, vultures and ground hornbills, as well as educational programmes including natural history publications and birding-related projects.
Through our corporate membership programme, Sasol supports socio-economic initiatives including the Nepad Business Foundation, the Business Trust and the Black Management Forum.